Regain a sense of safety
- ** Recognize and accept your feelings.**
Take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to feel whatever emotions come up, especially when engaged in a creative work.
- ** Practice self-care activities.**
Try journaling, meditating, or talking to a friend.
- ** Create a supportive environment.**
Surround yourself with people who make you feel safe and supported.
- ** Acknowledge your creative urges.**
Take time to recognize and explore your creative urges, even if they are not supported by your family or environment.
- ** Identify negative beliefs.**
Make a list of negative beliefs that are blocking your creativity. These can come from your parents, religion, culture, and friends. Once acknowledged, replace them with positive, more helpful beliefs.
No insights yet
Our mobile app, Mentorist, will guide you on how to acquire this skill.
If you have the app installed