Teach your people to excel in life.
People can be very talented at work, but they may struggle in life. This can be due to many reasons such as lack of a strong father or the breakdown of the family. It’s the responsibility of the leader to help people excel in their lives. Only developing people’s work skills is not enough; there is much more to life than work and career.
- Constantly assess and look for holes in the life skills of the people you are leading and developing.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Where does this person seem to be failing?
- Where are this person’s blind spots?
- What does my intuition tell me is “off” in this person’s thinking?
- Why isn’t this person reaching his or her potential?
- To improve your people, give them challenges.
If you build strong relationships and people accept your leadership, they should have no problem receiving challenges. Here are some challenges that you can give:
- Read books related to their areas of strength.
- Attend conferences that will inspire them.
- Take on new and challenging tasks in their sweet spot.
- Practice difficult disciplines that slowly build character.
- Meet with you regularly for mentoring.
- Be open to giving people support whenever they need it.
Make it easy to schedule a meeting with you so you can help them with their problems.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.