Observe conversations to improve your listening skills
- Sit with a group of friends or family who is having a conversation
Try to observe silently instead of joining in.
- Make a mental note of how many people really listen before they respond
Observe those who are supposed to be listening, where is their attention?
- Listen attentively to each person to follow the conversation
This takes effort, but it’s important to fully focus on each speaker and understand their message.
- Pay attention to whether people respond to what was said
Are they speaking over each other, or only about their own agenda?
- Resolve to listen and build on what was said when you next converse
This will enhance your conversations and your relationships.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.