Limit phone interruptions during conversations
- Sit with a group of friends or family who are having a conversation
Try to observe silently instead of joining in.
- Make a mental note of when people look at their phone instead of listening
Observe those who are supposed to be listening, but are distracted by their phone.
- Pay attention to how other people respond when someone checks their phone
Do they look frustrated, hurt? Do they increase the volume or speed of their speech?
- Pay attention to how other people respond when someone shows them something on their phone
Are people interested in what is on another person’s phone?
- Resolve to leave your phone out of future conversations
People will be thrilled that you are listening to them!
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.