Increase your chance of winning in the local search game
- Build a strong local search presence – Action points for each area include:
- Web Pages – Add your address, city, suburbs and neighbourhood names to your content, include a local event blog, exchange links with local bloggers and complete keyword research to identify and include localised terms
- Local Search Profiles – Create and enhance profiles in local search directories and add images, video and product or service-related elements.
- Ratings & Reviews – Claim and enhance your profile in primary review sites and engage with customers to actively stimulate reviews.
- Citations & Listings – Check your details are included and correct across online directories, including association, alumni and trade group listings.
- Local Social Love – Start up a local niche group or user community on Flickr, Facebook, LinkedIn, MeetUp or Biznik.
- Generate reviews and testimonials – Apply the five-step approach to ensure you receive consistent and authentic reviews for your business.
- Create content and secure high-quality links –
- Blog – Create a blog with key-word-rich content which will enable you to compete in search engines and draw links from other blogs and sites.
- Guest Post on Blogs – Offer to write content on other blogs that are useful and relevant to their audience (including a link back to your site of course!)
- Submit Posts and Articles to Directories – Acquire links and more traffic to your site by submitting articles to article directories.
- Social Press Releases – Compile regular news releases for even minor announcements to boost traffic and links
- Blog Comments – Leave relevant blog comments to attract the attention of other readers and referrals from other blog owners to your content.
- Create Profiles – Create social profiles on the Web with links to your site.
- Social Bookmarking – Bookmark and tag your blog posts for relevant keyword topics so your content is seen by millions of people.
- Capture social location behaviour – Create virtual rewards programs, advertise on mobile coupon networks and group coupon buying services (i.e. Groupon) or develop a game to enable check-ins via QR code (www.scvngr.com/).
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.