Develop strategies and tools to help gain positive media coverage
- Target your media sources – Create a growing list of Internet-based media and news resources.
- Create three or four central media themes per year - Develop themes that fully support your core marketing message.
- Create a list of ten to twelve minor marketing-related themes – Enable ongoing PR by the development of interesting and thought-provoking themes.
- Establish a PR calendar - Assign a PR theme and goal for each month.
- Write a pitch for each of your major themes – Create a powerful pitch including:
- In the first sentence provide the angle of your story idea to grab attention.
- Customise your pitch to fit the publication and its readers.
- Prove it fits the readership by outlining why it would be a valuable addition.
- Formulate press releases for each of your minor themes – Author one-page press releases that are catchy, interesting and focused on one topic.
- Create your publicity pack – Underpin your PR program with a carefully created publicity kit, including:
- Press releases that cover company background, core message, service description, unique processes, case studies on recently completed projects.
- Details of the firm’s owners or partners with a professional photo.
- Professional photographs of core company products.
- Target your core media list - Distribute a press release or pitch for a major theme each month, then follow up with a telephone call to provide a new piece of news.
- Track media coverage - Follow local, trade and national press, reprinting any media for marketing purposes.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.