Begin to develop your people into a team.
When you get to level 2, people begin to like being together. When you get to level 3, people begin to work together. Production makes team building possible.
- Create synergy between team members so that they complement one another.
To make this happen, you must know the strengths and weaknesses of each team member. Then you can create synergy between them so that every strength is effective and every weakness irrelevant.
- Make your team understand their mission.
Never assume that the team members understand the mission. Don’t take for granted that they know what you know and that they believe in what you believe. Communicate it often.
- Give people from your team feedback about their performance.
Here is how you can have this type of meeting with your team:
- Schedule a meeting with your team (ideally, every 6-12 months).
- Write three columns on the whiteboard: correct, incorrect, and will change.
- Ask your team what to put in each column.
- In the end, add any items that were not mentioned.
- Create an environment conducive to growth and inspiration.
People need a positive environment to be productive and to thrive. The most important element of the environment is the leader. If the leader is positive, encouraging, and open to growth, so are their people. Acknowledge the influence you have and use it to create such an environment.
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.