You will be much more successful if you share things because of your belief that people will enjoy it rather than your calculations of what people need. However, your authenticity is a reflection of your intent.
The more authentic you are, the more people will be willing to forgive your inevitable mistakes.
- To be authentic means that you don’t try to be fake.
Instead of trying to figure out how to use the modern platforms (social media), show your true self. In other words, don’t try to be like people you admire. Just be you.
- Three things that may work to your advantage:
- Don’t give a shit what people think—have the freedom to say what you want.
- Care immensely what people think and spend an insane amount of time responding to sceptics and their criticisms to help them see where you’re coming from.
- Always respect your audience.
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.