Use the “touch it once” technique.
Highly successful people take immediate action on almost every item they encounter. It helps them to:
- Save energy.
- Increase their willpower.
- Save time.
- If something can be done in five minutes or less, do it immediately.
Apply this to processing emails, setting appointments, decluttering, etc.
- Use “touch it once” for emails.
Most emails require less than five minutes to reply. Don’t postpone it, because you will waste time re-reading them later on.
- Schedule an item in your calendar right away.
When there is a call you must take or a meeting to schedule, do it right away.
- Use “touch it once” for decluttering.
For example, put all the dishes directly into the dishwasher.
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.