Use circadian rhythms to enhance productivity and learning
- Get a good night’s sleep, and keep to a regular bedtime.
Even when you have a lot of work to do, prioritize getting 8 hours of sleep over working late or pulling all-nighters.
- Avoid eating late and snacking late at night, as this is likely to affect your mood, energy levels, and alertness the next day.
- Experiment with working on an empty stomach in the early part of the day (skipping breakfast) to enhance motivation and alertness.
You can also try lightening your lunch meal to avoid an afternoon slump.
- Schedule your most demanding tasks between 10 AM and 3 PM.
The brain works best between these hours.
- Work or study under bright light during the day.
Sit next to a large window or under bright blue light to enhance attention and alertness.
- Stay away from caffeine, especially in the afternoon and evening.
If you feel sleepy while working or studying, schedule an exercise break, take a walk outside, stand up and stretch, drink water or tea, or snack on some fruit.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.