Say “no” to everything that does not support your goals.
There are a lot of things that want to take up your time. Learn to say “no” to most of them. Your time is precious, and only you get to decide how to use it.
Research shows that people who say “no” to requests of their time are happier and have more energy.
- Say “no” to everything that does not support your goals.
Many things will try to grab your attention. Think twice before agreeing to anything that takes up your time.
- If you don’t feel comfortable saying no, you can use any of the following reasons.
- “But I have deadlines…”
- “Unfortunately, my schedule is so packed…”
- “You can pick a date for the meeting five months from now.”
- “I don’t think I’m the best person for this, I can refer you to…”
- Make this your mantra:
It’s either “hell YEAH!” or “no.”
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.