Replace the victim role with presence.
Suddenly you are free of the ‘victim’ story which was damaging your mind and body. Awareness will open up infinite possibilities including vastly more intelligent ways of dealing with situations. Physiological changes will occur which assist the body and the immune system.
- Notice that if your ego cannot get praise in other ways, it will play the role of victim.
The attention it seeks is sympathy, pity, interest in my problems—’me and my story.’
- Become aware of the sad story you tell yourself and others.
You may be telling this story out loud, in your thoughts, or both.
- Notice your identity as someone who is being treated unfairly by people, life, or God.
- Change your thoughts about the situation or fact (which is neutral).
‘I am ruined’ is a story which creates suffering and prevents you from taking effective action. ‘I have 50 cents left in my bank account’ is a fact, and facing facts is empowering.
- If there is nothing you can do, face what is and say, “Well, right now, this is how it is. I can either accept it, or I can make myself miserable.”
- Replace that sad story with presence: a new, alert way of showing up.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.