Put a stop to interruptions.
- Be inaccessible
- Work from where people can't find you.
- If you are in an office, have a CLOSED DOOR POLICY.
- Don’t answer the phone.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Give your receptionist an updated "VIP list" of calls you don't want to miss.
- Support them 100%. They should have confidence when screening.
- Deal with fax and email.
- Train others to communicate with you via fax.
- Have your staff sort faxes out in order of urgency and only forward the important ones to you.
- After lunch, take an hour to look at morning faxes, e-mails, and calls.
- Deal ONLY with the urgent ones.
- Take the last hour of the day to look at the afternoon's accumulation.
- Set the timer on the bomb.
- If you take a phone call, set up an exit time.
Example: "Tom, I have XXX starting in 15 min, but I wanted to take your call - I hope that will be enough time for our discussion. Do you agree - or should we set up another telephone appointment?"
- Do the same with drop-in visitors.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.