Practise your curiosity with “The Stress Test”
- Find a quiet, comfortable place
You can be sitting, lying down or even standing up. Just make sure you can concentrate.
- Recall when you last acted out your habit, that you struggle to break
Try to remember the scene and focus on your behavior.
- Try to relieve that experience, focusing on what it felt like
What did the urge to act out your habitual behavior feel like? What sensation can you feel most strongly in your body?
- Describe what you feel using the words below:
Tightness, pressure, contraction, restlessness, shallow breath, burning, tension, clenching, pit in stomach. Write down your answer on a piece of paper.
- Answer: Did being curious about your sensations change your mental state?
Did it help you ease down slightly and maybe notice other feelings that were there? Write down your thoughts on a piece of paper.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.