Practice RAIN to stay grounded when experiencing anxiety
- When you feel stressed or anxious, RELAX into it
Don’t grit your teeth, just let go and feel it come on. Try to even smile a little!
- ALLOW and ACCEPT this wave as it is
Don’t try to push or ignore it.
- Be curious and INVESTIGATE the wave of your anxiety
Ask yourself: “Hmm, what is going on in my body right now?”
- Finally, NOTE the experience
On a piece of paper. Keep it simple using short phrases or single words like “tightness”, “pressure”, “contraction”.
- Follow that wave until it completely subsides
Repeat this process the next time you feel it coming.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.