Practice loving kindness
- Sit in a comfortable position in a quiet place
- Bring to mind a recent stressful situation
Notice what it feels like in your body.
- Imagine a friend coming through the door
What does it feel like?
- Notice the difference
What was the difference in your feelings and bodily sensations during a stressful situation and meeting your friend?
- Choose a few phrases of well-wishing to offer this friend figure in your mind
Examples: “May you be happy”, “May you be healthy”, “May you be free from harm”.
- Now say the same phrases to yourself
While doing so, think about your good personal qualities. Let go for now of the bad ones.
- Repeat those phrases silently at your own pace
Try to focus on the current moment. Repeat the process in your mind when you’re encountering people and situations that make you feel anxious.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.