Adopt a wise parenting style when raising your child
- ** Listen to your child.** Ask them questions and take the time to understand their feelings and emotions.
- ** Provide freedom.** Give your child the freedom to make their own decisions and mistakes, while also providing guidance and support when they need it.
- ** Provide unconditional support.** Show your children that you love and accept them no matter what. Encourage them to follow their dreams and provide them with the resources they need to do so.
- ** Be firm.** Let your child know that the decision is theirs, but be firm in your expectations, and don’t let them give in to their fears.
- ** Set clear boundaries.** Explain to your children why certain behaviors are not acceptable and why they need to work hard to achieve their goals.
- ** Model the behavior you want to see.** Show your children the right behaviors by doing them first yourself. For example, by being disciplined or hardworking. This way, they'll understand the importance of those behaviors and why they need to do them.
- ** Respect your child's point of view.** Respect your child's right to their own point of view and allow them to express their opinion.
No insights yet
Our mobile app, Mentorist, will guide you on how to acquire this skill.
If you have the app installed