Let nature teach you stillness.
When you do this, something of its essence transmits itself to you. You can sense how still it is, and in doing so, you will notice the same stillness arise within you. You sense how deeply it rests in being—completely at one with what it is and where it is. In realizing this, you too come to a place of deep rest within yourself.
- Every day, take five to 10 minutes and bring your attention to a tree, stone, flower, or blade of grass—something natural.
Simply perceive it; hold it in your awareness.
- Notice if you are thinking about it, and let that go.
Simply let it be in your awareness and presence.
- Bring your awareness to the many subtle sounds of nature.
Become aware of the rustling of leaves in the wind, raindrops falling, the humming of an insect, the first birdsong at dawn.
- Give yourself completely to the act of listening.
- Bring your attention to your breathing and realize that you are not doing it.
It is the breath of nature. If you had to remember to breathe, you would die. The air you breathe is nature, as is the breathing process itself.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.