Help your child understand their feelings and behaviors
- ** Recognize when your child is reacting in an unusually unreasonable way.**
Consider whether an implicit memory has created a mental model that needs to be explored.
- ** Talk to your child about their feelings.**
Ask them questions to help them explore the mental model and understand why they are feeling the way they do.
- ** Introduce practical tools.**
Give your child tools to help them take control over what is happening in their brain and reframe their experiences and feelings.
- ** Encourage self-awareness.**
Help your child become aware of how their brain and body are responding to certain situations.
- ** Provide a safe space.**
Create a safe and supportive environment for your child to explore their feelings and reactions.
No insights yet
Our mobile app, Mentorist, will guide you on how to acquire this skill.
If you have the app installed