Create an inner circle that will keep you grounded.
There is an old saying that you are the average of the five people closest to you. Having your inner circle will help you to reach your leadership potential, and take the organization to a higher level.
The other function of your inner circle is to keep you grounded. It’s very easy for leaders to begin believing their own reputation on Level 5. A good inner circle can help leaders at the pinnacle level avoid that pitfall. A good inner circle will allow leaders to be themselves, but inner circle members will also tell the truth about themselves.
- Choose people for your inner circle.
They all should be potential level 5 leaders.
- Meet with all of them regularly.
For example, schedule a weekly meeting.
- Promote authenticity and showing your true self.
Over time, your inner circle may become your favorite people—like family.
This is what your inner circle should do for you:
- Love you unconditionally.
- Represent you according to your values.
- Watch your back.
- Complement your weaknesses.
- Continue to grow.
- Fulfill their responsibilities with excellence.
- Be honest with you.
- Tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
- Work together as a team.
- Enjoy the journey with you.
No insights yet
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.