Become present and relinquish the ego.
You are free to respond calmly and firmly when it is necessary. Without defensiveness, there will be power behind your words. If you are content with being nobody in particular, you align yourself with the power of the universe. This spiritual truth is opposed to the values of our contemporary culture and the way it conditions people to behave.
- Catch yourself before reacting when someone blames or criticizes you.
Instead of self-justification, defense, blaming or anger, just breathe and do nothing.
- Notice the discomfort and feeling of being diminished.
- Notice that non-reaction actually expands you, and you feel intensely alive.
- Now refrain from trying to stand out, make an impression, or demand attention.
Another aspect of this practice is to refrain from attempting to strengthen the self by showing off or trying to be special. Notice what that feels like.
- Respond calmly if and when a response is needed.
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.