Become passionate about something new.
Passion and perseverance are both crucial to creating a company. Without either of them, you will most likely fail. But passion does not magically appear; instead, it must be developed.
- Make a list of all the things that interest you or that you spend time on.
- Mark the ones that are most important to you or have special meaning.
- Choose the one that you think is the best; consider the ones that are least common or popular.
- Commit to spending 90 minutes every day for the next 10 weeks learning about and developing skills in that field.
Don’t quit until you spend 100 hours!
- Make it a goal to learn at least five times as much as you already know.
- Meet people in this field and ask them questions.
- Find every opportunity to discuss what you’ve learned with friends and colleagues.
- After 10 weeks (or a hundred-hour cycle), you must decide whether you want to continue with this subject or change to another one.
Did you experience your passion growing? Did perseverance become easier for you?
- If you decide to change subjects, repeat the entire process. If you want to continue, you’ve created the foundations of your next company!
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.