Always carry a notebook with you, and take handwritten notes.
This is one of Richard Branson’s most effective practices. He takes notes pretty much all the time: during every call, every meeting, and even every vacation.
- Buy a good notebook and take extensive notes at every opportunity.
Studies show that we are more creative and better understand the topic when we take handwritten notes. Forget about the laptop.
- Have something to write on when you go out.
Always carry a notebook or pad of paper.
- Write dates next to notes from calls and meetings.
It will help you navigate in the future.
- Use a marking system to easily process your notes.
For example, put an exclamation mark next to things that require immediate attention and squares next to items that are “to-do.”
- Put your business card in the notebook with a note, “If you find this notebook, please return it to…”
Your notes have high value, so take precautions in case of loss.
- Review all your notes once a year.
New Year’s Day is a great time to complete this annual task.
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.