Discover how gritty you are.
The more gritty you are, the more likely you are to achieve success. Figuring out just how gritty you are, helps you know what to work toward.
For each statement below, evaluate yourself on a scale of 1-5.
1 means this statement describes you very well and 5 means it does not describe you at all.
- New ideas and projects sometimes distract me from previous ones.
- Setbacks discourage me. I give up easily.
- I often set a goal but later choose to pursue a different one.
- I am not a hard worker.
- I have difficulty maintaining my focus on projects that take more than a few months to complete.
- I do not finish whatever I begin.
- My interests change from year to year.
- I am not diligent. I do give up.
- I have been obsessed with a certain idea/project for a short time but later lost interest.
- I have not overcome setbacks to conquer an important challenge.
Figure your score out!
Add up all the points you have and divide by 10. The maximum score you can have is 5, meaning you’re extremely gritty, and the lowest score you can have is 1, meaning you’re not gritty at all. The average score on this test is 3.8.
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.